How to Choose a Contractor
Choosing a contractor isn’t just about price. There are many things to consider, such as expectations, quality of the products and services, courtesy, professionalism, and on-time delivery.
Here is a checklist of things to look for:
- What are the warranties, both from the contractor and the manufacturers? Are these warranties verifiable in writing? Make sure you understand how much of the warranty is prorated.
- Is the contractor recommending certain products or materials and, if so, why? A contractor will prefer one product over another for various reasons. An acceptable reason would be that there is verifiable evidence and/or professional experience that proves one product is superior to all of the others.
- Be sure you are comfortable with the contractor’s level of expertise and overall experience.
- What are the payment terms and installation policies? Be certain you know the schedule of payments and what work you can expect to be completed before payments are made.
- Does the company offer lien waivers for labor and materials? This is an important aspect of project completion. A lien waiver removes the likelihood of having a mechanics lien placed on your home for any unpaid balances. Upon request, a professional contractor will provide a lien waiver upon final payment that tells you he will not be able to lien your property for non-payment. Also, a material waiver can be provided to show that all of the payments for any major material delivery has been made by the contractor. Otherwise, if you pay the contractor and he doesn’t pay his suppliers, you could be responsible for the bill.
- Does the company possess liability insurance? Any contractor can easily provide an insurance certificate proving there is ample insurance coverage for your project.
Why Choose Creative Remodeling of Orlando?
After all of the work is completed, you should be left with good memories of the construction process. From beginning to end, you want to work with a company that not only has expertise in all these areas, but one that has integrity and a proven track record of trustworthiness and dependability. Courtesy and professionalism are the hallmarks of a good contractor. Most people also prefer a contractor who will give guidance and advice without pressure to sign on the dotted line.
We are a family owned and operated remodeling company and we understand what our customers need. We started the business with the idea of providing first class installation of top quality materials. We are registered with the BBB and we are a member of several building associations. All of our customer ratings are high and we live to provide the finest service in the business. Our greatest strength lies in our personal approach to create the results you dream of.
Mark McGrath, the owner, will personally assist you in the design of your home’s makeover. We personally do all the estimating and sales so that you can be certain that your project is planned thoroughly, thoughtfully, and professionally. With this personal approach we aim to build a relationship with our customers so you feel at ease with your upcoming project. So, if you don’t care for high pressured sales tactics and would rather choose a professional consultation that is more friendly and easy to understand, please feel free to give us a call.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!